Friday, July 10, 2009

Bovella's Pastry Shoppe

Hello everyfun!!! (I MEAN ONE.)

The other day, me and my mate's Matt and Becky went to Bryant Park to watch an outdoor screening of Dog Day Afternoon, one of my favorite films. You can find out about the wonderful, naturalistic, moving, funny, and compelling Dog Day Afternoon on some other website. The focus of this blog is :: THE COOKIES.


Becky brought some cookies over from Bovella's Pastry Shoppe in Jersey. Bovella's website declares that :


There have been a few new additions to the staff at Bovellas, including Rob Weinberger who started a little over a year ago. Bovellas has also added a talented new baker and cake decorator, Bobby Fischer, formerly of Las Vegas, Nevada.

Bobby Fischer???



Well...OK. Perhaps this master of dueling blacks and whites will make o
ne hell of a black and white cookie. Anyway, our cast of characters:


Matt.



Becky


ME/JORDAN/YOUR BLOGGER EXTRAORDINAIRE.




The park was very nice, but crazy crowded. For some reason I had multiple pee attacks and kept having to climb over a mile of people lying down on blankets to get to the port-o-potties (Blogger didn't correct my spelling on that! Wow!) I gave up assuming I was rude to step on people's blankets and food. EITHER LEAVE ROOM OR GET SQUASHED, I always say. In any situation.


The movie was to begin at sundown (preceded by a very random Looney Tunes cartoon, which I can't remember the title of, but it was basically like Tom and Jerry but with a TON of dialogue), so we busted out the cookies beforehand. They were modestly sized, and a bit thin. Not a big fluffy cakey cookie that I've had at a few bakeries. I ate the vanilla.


Mmmmm, toe-licious. The vanilla icing was very sugary, not great, but very soft, nice texture. The cake was actually a bit tougher than the icing, which is not of the norm. Then the chocolate happened.



The chocolate was fairly average (which means it tasted good, but nothing new or special.) The icing was actually kind of cool, like chilled, which was refreshing on such a warm day.
The sun went down and we watched Dog Day Afternoon! The audience triumphantly broke out into a hilariously misguided applause when (SPOILER) Sonny and Sal make it into the limo, about 5 minutes from the actual end of the movie. Boy, did that make me happy.





Well, the movie ended, the port-o-potty line stretched down the block, and the cookie crumbs remained on the grass to be eaten by ants, and some funny centipede lookin' motherfucka that I saw. A nice evening.



See you next time!



-Jordan


1 comment:

The cookie boy said...

Cookies and movies are a good combo.