Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fame Diner

Fame Diner on Union Turnpike is one of my favorite diners for a few reasons.

1. Free cookies by the register to grab on your way out.

2. Good jukebox with Violent Femmes first album and also the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack. Something particularly funny would be to play the profanity filled dialogue tracks (interspersed throughout the CD with the music) for every booth to hear.


3. Baked apples. Only diner near me that has them!

4. Far enough away from my house to feel like I'm actually "out."

So the other night me and my friend Dave went..."out"...to Fame diner. For the first time they had Black and White Cookies. I didn't eat the one I bought for several days, so it may have gone a bit stale, which I'll try to keep in mind when reviewing.




Oh my god! While googling Fame Diner for some images I found this review:


horrible diner, dirty,nasty clientle,somebody always arguing with the cashier, who yells. Almost always trash beneath the table.


Wow! I never had this experience at Fame.

So I unwrapped the cookie and bit the vanilla side.




Ah! The cake was more like an actual COOKIE than cake. Could this actually be a real black and white COOKIE? It was a bit tough, (stale?), and tasted just like the free cookies at the register. The vanilla had a bright, tasty flavor, but honestly there was so much cake that it was hard to register.



I bit the chocolate.

Nothing. I taste nothing but cake. I could not describe the chocolate. This was all about the cookie, and the icing was a subtle decoration.

While this may not sound good, I enjoyed the cookie and it tasted better than when the icing is too strong or sugary or thick. It was a bit dry (stale?), and as you can see I had to carve out giant chunks of cake in order to make it through the meal.







IN OTHER BLACK AND WHITE NEWS:

Kelloggs has released Vanilla and Coco Krispies, or "CocoNilla Krispies." For anyone who doesn't know me, I pretty much eat Coco Krispies every day for breakfast and have done so since I was in elementary school. I was excited about this...black and white cookie-like, and a new twist on a huge part of my life.



There's my bird Bob next to the box!

Ehhhhhhh. Basically the vanilla drowns out the chocolatey taste, and the chocolate drowns out the vanilla, and this cereal tastes like nothing. I assumed it would be one of the best cereals I've ever had and I'm extremely disappointed. I'm trying to get through the box so I can go back to my old standard. It seems like it gets soggy really quickly and is nowhere near as addictive as regular Coco Krispies. Sorry everybody!





-Jordan

No comments: